What if you could start your day strong by speaking life over yourself? You can! Master your mind and day with good morning quotes to get your day going the right way.
You know the routine. Your alarm goes off. You try to peel your eyes open. You hit snooze … again. Just me? Whether you jump up ready to roll or take your time like me, what you say to yourself defines the rest of your day.
Think your self-talk isn’t that powerful? Here’s a big word for you: neuroplasticity. In (very) general terms, it means the ability to change the architecture of the information pathways in your brain. The pathways are not set in stone—you can actually change them and even the function of the brain itself by your thought patterns. Amazing, right?
When God promises us the renewing of our minds, He means it! Our actual mind is reframed when we set our minds on what God can do through us.
As someone who’s dealt with depression, I know this is absolutely true. My counselor taught me to tell negative self-talk to take a back seat. Or really just get outta the car. Why is this so important to master? Jesus commands us to do two things: love God and love others as ourselves. How can you love others if you hate yourself? You can’t. Is it a little awkward at first? Sure. Is it worth it? Completely.
Ready to try it? Here are 20 good morning quotes to get your day going and say, “Take a backseat!” to negativity.
20 Good Morning Quotes to Start Your Day Strong
1. Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13 MSG
2. Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything. 1 Peter 4:8 MSG
3. Don’t lose your grip on Love and Loyalty. Tie them around your neck; carve their initials on your heart. Proverbs 3:3-4 MSG
4. When we expect instead of worry, then we can live with a heart full of hope. —Christine Caine
5. You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known—and even that is an understatement. —F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Be yourself, everyone else is taken. —Generally attributed to Oscar Wilde
7. Joy is the best makeup. —Anne Lamott
8. Today I’m moving my focus from what I’m not to who Christ is. —Based on Craig Groeschel’s teaching
9. I will be more concerned with how to heal than who to blame. —Based on Erwin McManus’ writing
10. There’s no sin too great for God’s grace. There’s no habit too big for God’s healing. There’s no label too strong for God’s love. —Craig Groeschel
11. You are loved, like, a lot, like a freakload. —Unknown
12. I will say ‘No’ without explaining myself. —Dr. Henry Cloud
13. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. —Dr. Martin Luther King
14. If you know His nature, you will not question His motives. —Melissa Helser
15. Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen. —Brené Brown
16. I am not fully healed, I am not fully wise, I am still on my way. What matters is that I am moving forward. —Yung Pueblo
17. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. —Marianne Williamson
18. I raise up my voice–not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be
heard. —Malala Yousafzai
19. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it’s a prevailing attitude. —Colin Powell
20. [God] knew exactly what He had in mind for your future when He formed you. —Brian Houston
There you go. In some ways, it doesn’t matter who said these quotes. Each of them is offering some wisdom. And wisdom comes from God! So, no matter which quote you needed, take it. Take it as God speaking to you. Because when God speaks to your heart, things happen. Healing happens. Freedom happens. I don’t know about you, but reading through that list makes me feel like I can conquer anything! Your mind matters. Your words matter. You matter to God and to others. Speak life, confidence, and love over yourself.